10 things to eat/drink on Wednesday
"things to eat/drink on Wednesday"
Training Edge Sports is a company that establishes and manages Career Integrated Wellness at businesses large and small.
At PGC, a gasket company located in Edina, MN, we have created a starch/sugar free Wednesday campaign to promote good food choices. I am writing this today in response to a question that came up in an email feed.
Jon, can you send over ideas on what we can eat for Breakfast, lunch and dinner? Thanks.
Sure. Here we go. First of all, food choices don’t differentiate between breakfast, lunch and dinner. These are meals that we have created as are the foods that typically go along with them. For example, is it ok to eat steak for breakfast or eggs for dinner?
Yes. Both would be good choices. Here is a list of 10 “things to eat/drink on Wednesday”:
Eat your protein first.
1. Water – start drinking water early in the day and drink it often. Only drink water
2. Eggs – your cholesterol levels are regulated in your body more than they are by the eggs you eat, so eat eggs
3. Beans – have a shot of beans when you get to work, over lunch, and again before leaving or with dinner at home.
They are in the fridge in the Wellness Center
4. Ground turkey – as lean as you can find
5. Chicken – lean, trim the fat
6. Nitrate/nitrite free deli turkey – instead of a sandwich, wrap a cheese slice inside your deli meat and enjoy. It’s a great carb free
7. Veggies – you can’t really go wrong eating more veggies. Eat them raw, with hummus or peanut butter. A
great seasoning to your eggs is salsa (check the label and watch for more than 5g of sugar)
8. Plain Greek yogurt – add no more than a half cup of fresh or frozen fruit as fruit has a lot of sugar (albeit natural, it’s still
9. Condiments – salt, pepper, ketchup, etc. check labels and make sure there is no high fructose corn syrup and limit yourself to one serving per meal
10. Water – hydrated cells recover quicker and carry and consume nutrients more effectively when there is plenty of water present. Don’t worry about having to go to the bathroom too much. Worst case scenario is you’ll get some accidental exercise from your desk more frequently
PGC is doing a lot for their employees to encourage engagement in “healthy” discussion. I hope that helps answer the question of “things to eat/drink on Wednesday”. Well, everyday really.
Jon Howard - Husband and Father of 3 | Ultra Endurance Athlete | Owner - Training Edge Sports
If you know someone who could benefit from hearing this information, please share it with them. Copy the link in your browser window and send it in an email or share it on Facebook.
Leave a Reply.